EPS Company (Hong Kong) Limited
- When we, EPS Company (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Company"), collect information from you, it is our policy to meet fully the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) of the laws of Hong Kong (the "Ordinance") which regulates the treatment of personal data. Throughout this Policy, our use of the term "personal data" has the meaning ascribed to it by the Ordinance.
- Collection of Personal Data
- From time to time, we will collect personal data from you in connection with our provision of services or facilities, whether you are a merchant, an individual customer or otherwise.
- We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal data and other information provided by you or generated and compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as your "Information".
- Your Information will be processed for the specific purposes which will be given at the time we collect
data or information from you. Such purposes may include but are not limited to:
- providing and processing applications or requests for services or facilities;
- communicating with you;
- marketing products, services, activities, facilities and other subjects, subject to any consent from you and your right to opt-out;
- conducting internal statistical research and analysis;
- making disclosure when required by any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong;
- investigating and handling complaints or cases involved in our services; and
- preventing, detecting or investigating suspicious, fraudulent or illegal activities.
- The provision of personal data or any information is voluntary. However, any failure to supply the necessary personal data or information requested by us may result in us being unable to process your requests or provide the services or facilities requested by you.
- Verification of Personal Data
Where practicable or considered necessary or appropriate by us, such as for reason of compliance of laws or prevention of suspicious, fraudulent or illegal activities, we will verify personal data provided to us using generally accepted practices and methods and conduct relevant due diligence checks. For example, when a merchant applying for our EPS services so that its customers can make payment to it through EPS, such merchant is required to provide certain personal data and information (such as copies of Hong Kong Identification Cards) of its directors.
- We will use such secured encryption technology as is appropriate for the collection or transmission of personal data online.
- We will take practicable steps that are appropriate to ensure that your Information held by us is kept secure and safe from any loss or unauthorised disclosure, and that it will only be accessed by our authorised employees or authorised third parties. For example, physical records will be stored in locked areas and electronic records will be password protected.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- Your Information will not be disclosed to any third party except as provided herein, as notified to you at the time of collection, or with your prior consent. We do not rent, trade or sell your Information for commercial purposes.
- For the personal data received by us during the course of our business, only persons involved in the handling of the relevant services or application for services will have access to the relevant personal data.
- Except with your prior consent or as required by law, we will not transfer or disclose your Information
to any third party except that we may transfer or disclose your Information in or outside Hong Kong as
- our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associations;
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor or service provider who provides services or advice to us in connection with our operations to enable us to provide, or assist us in providing, the services or facilities you have requested;
- if you consent or do not object to our use of your Information in direct marketing, our marketing communications and operations partners with whom we share information for the purpose of providing you with special offers and information;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong; and
- any person as is necessary for us to bring a legal action or defend any legal action in relation to you.
- As we have no control over the acts of any third party that is not our agent or service provider (e.g. any governmental agency to whom we are required to disclose Your Information), the privacy protection stated in this Policy ceases to apply to any information which has been disclosed to such a third party in accordance with this Policy.
- At times it may be necessary for us to transfer certain personal data to places outside of the Hong Kong in order to carry out the purposes, or directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. Where such a transfer is performed, it will be done in compliance with the requirements of the Ordinance.
- Marketing Activities
- We will not use or transfer your personal data to any third party for direct marketing purposes without your prior consent.
- Subject to your prior consent, and to the further details set out in the relevant terms and conditions
or collection statement when we collect personal data from you, we may use your name and contact
details to provide you with any materials relating to:
- our services or facilities;
- our latest offers, including any gifts, discounts, benefits and other promotions; and/or
- events, activities, promotions and offers provided by us jointly with our billers, merchants or business partners. Those billers, merchants and business partners may provide products, services and facilities including, without limitation: fund transfer, remittance, food & beverages, catering, entertainments, shopping, sports, healthcare, charity (or solicit donations), education, property management, public utilities, telecommunication, information technology, printing, storage, transportation, fuel or other energy, travelling, banking, insurance, pension, securities and other financial activities, and professional institutions (the "Marketing Materials").
- We shall not disclose your personal data to any third party for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to choose not to receive any Marketing Materials by checking the opt-out box on the relevant forms we use to collect your personal data. You can also ask us to cease providing you with Marketing Materials at any time, by contacting us as stated in Section I below.
- Data Retention
- Personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected, unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations.
- Personal data are purged from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems in accordance with specific schedules based on the above criteria and our internal procedures.
- Personal Data Access and Correction
You are entitled to request access to or correction of your personal data held by us by issuing a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 12/F, 82-84 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, or in such other manners as may be provided in the relevant personal information collection statement when we collect your personal data.
We reserve the right to change this Policy. The most recent version of our Policy, as may be available in our website at www.eps.com.hk/, shall apply.